[time-nuts] Antenna mounting location

Gary Fiber gfiber at comcast.net
Wed Mar 9 02:44:04 EST 2016

I have a GPS antenna mounted along side of a mast. The antenna might be similar to the one you have. I used a dual clamp, clamps two pipes together, and the antenna screwed to the 2nd length of pipe. The coax runs down the inside of the little pipe. It has been mounted up like that for a year or so with no issues I can discern. The antenna is feeding a Trimble Thunderbolt with a KO4BB monitor. The system seems to play along. The main mast is a 1 inch 10 foot length of galvanized pipe holding a comet 222 - 144, 220, and 440 MHz thunder stick. The GPS antenna is below the band antenna. Hope this helps you.

Gary P. Fiber K8IZ
gfiber1952 at gmail.com
gfiber at comcast.net