[time-nuts] Antenna mounting location

Artek Manuals Manuals at ArtekManuals.com
Wed Mar 9 04:02:46 EST 2016

On 3/8/2016 5:40 PM, Steve wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a Trimble Bullet GPS antenna. Is the performance of those
> antennas affected if they are mounted adjacent to an aluminum awning?
> The awning is about 8ft X 15ft. The antenna would be a few inches to a
> few feet above the awning. My first thought is that the antenna
> performance would not be affected by the awning but thought I'd ask
> before moving ahead with it.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Steve, K8JQ

Steve

Probably no measurable affect if any. You could make a case for
mult-ipath reflections of the roof causing some minor errors for short
periods of time but I doubt in the end if it would have a noticeable
affect on your pps error

Dave
NR1DX

--