[time-nuts] BG7TBL GPS Disciplined Source

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon Mar 14 08:06:08 EDT 2016

Hi

The key to any GPSDO is continuous satellite view. A good antenna should give you at least 4 satellites in view / locked on at all times. Much of the time you should see more than 8 satellites. Set up with whatever software your device uses and have it run long term plots of the satellites in view. The next step is to monitor DAC voltage and see what it’s doing.

The monitoring software is a very key part of any GPSDO setup. It’s not easy stuff to write and it can be fairly device specific. One advantage of the surplus commercial units is the availability of multiple versions of monitoring software for them. You may have to dig a bit more for the BG7TBL units. They are a bit new on the market.

Bob