[time-nuts] BG7TBL GPS Disciplined Source

Paul tic-toc at bodosom.net
Mon Mar 14 11:42:24 EDT 2016

On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 11:47 PM, Gedas <w8bya at mchsi.com> wrote:

> sometime ago I purchased an inexpensive 10 MHz GPS based reference source
> (BG7TBL GPS Disciplined Source) for my various counters, transceivers,
> spectrum analyzers, etc and was wondering if it was a good purchase

It was probably an acceptable purchase.  Hopefully you didn't get one with
a U-Blox GPS since monitoring U-Blox binary output is unpleasant.  If you
feel like doing a bit of fiddling Jackson Labs makes some nice products and
are quite time-nut friendly.  Back in 2014 they did a cost-effective
(<$200)  board which might still be available at time-nuts pricing.  Of
course the BG7 units should come with a nice ovenized oscillator in a
reasonable chassis which are "add-ons" with the JL board.