[time-nuts] Microsonics TCXO

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Mar 20 09:21:00 EDT 2016

HI

The parts would have been set to the offset marked on the can. In the case of
the one in the picture that would have been dead on frequency. The offset is used
to center up the frequency vs temperature curve. Since they are a TCXO, that curve
may be as high as a 6th or 8th order curve. There was no practical way to get it
to go through zero at 25C. If the offsets spread over +/- 7 Hz at 10 MHz, it’s a pretty
good bet that you have 1 ppm TCXO’s.

Bob