[time-nuts] I love the smell of tantalum in the morning

Ian Stirling is at opus131.com
Sat Nov 5 19:54:58 EDT 2016

On 11/05/2016 03:12 PM, Tom Van Baak wrote:

> Having not done SMT before, how should I do it with minimal risk to the very precious PCB. Or, what equipment should I use this as a good excuse to buy?

    Tom, I used the obvious but never read about using two soldering irons,
invented it myself, or co-discovered.

  Also, a recent addition that makes SMT so easy, the title of the manual is,
"Instruction Manual for SE400, SE400-LED,  Long Working Distance Stereo Microscope",
about $200.

  With a working distance of nine inches or so, it beats the pants off my
previous magnifier, Optivisor 10x where I have to have my face less than two
inches from the soldering area.

  .. got the microscope from description from W7ZOI web site.
http://w7zoi.net/micscope.html

Ian, G4ICV, AB2GR