[time-nuts] Thermal impact on OCXO

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon Nov 14 07:15:43 EST 2016

Hi

If you already *have* data over a year (or multiple years) the fit is fairly easy.
If you try to do this with data from a few days or less, the whole fit process is
a bit crazy. You also have *multiple* time constants involved on most OCXO’s.
The result is that an earlier fit will have a shorter time constant (and will ultimately
die out). You may not be able to separate the 25 year curve from the 3 month
curve with only 3 months of data.

Bob