[time-nuts] Thermal impact on OCXO

Scott Stobbe scott.j.stobbe at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 23:58:31 EST 2016

Hi Bob,

Do you recall if you fitted with true ordinary least squares, or fit with a
recursive/iterative approach in a least squares sense. If the aging curve
is linearizable, it isn't jumping out at me.

If the model was hypothetically:
     F = A ln( B*t )

     F = A ln(t) + Aln(B)

which could easily be fit as
     F  = A' X + B', where X = ln(t)

It would appear stable32 uses an iterative approach for the non-linear
problem

"y(t) = a·ln(bt+1), where slope = y'(t) = ab/(bt+1) Determining the
nonlinear log fit coefficients requires an iterative procedure. This
involves setting b to an in initial value, linearizing the equation,
solving for the other coefficients and the sum of the squared error,
comparing that with an error criterion, and iterating until a satisfactory
result is found. The key aspects to this numerical analysis process are
establishing a satisfactory iteration factor and error criterion to assure
both convergence and small residuals."

http://www.stable32.com/Curve%20Fitting%20Features%20in%20Stable32.pdf

Not sure what others do.