[time-nuts] For those that insist on using switching power supplies

Graham / KE9H ke9h.graham at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 18:57:02 EDT 2016

Actually, if they have the "CE" stamp on the product, then they have very
specific radio interference limits that they must test and meet.
It must have been tested, certified, and the certification package
available for inspection.

Whether they actually met it, then pulled the interference supression parts
off the board as a "cost reduction" as is common in no-name computer power
supplies, or whether it never met it to begin with, is for you to
speculate.  Some suppliers will explain to you that "CE" means China
Export, not that it meets the consolidated European safety and electrical
rules.

--- Graham