[time-nuts] For those that insist on using switching power supplies

David davidwhess at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 21:07:41 EDT 2016

Even if they meet the CE or FCC requirements for unintentional
radiators, they can still screw up the short wave bands and more; many
are bad enough that I can see the noise they emit on an oscilloscope
with a shorted probe.  At least in the US, there are a *lot* of cheap
products with switching regulators which cause problems including CFL
and LED lamps and FCC enforcement is poor.

That confusion between the European Economic Area CE and the China
Export CE is just shrewd.