[time-nuts] Normal operating specs of a Morion MV89?

Scott Stobbe scott.j.stobbe at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 18:30:27 EDT 2016

You are certainly no where near -40 dBm into 50 ohms as the blog Bryan
posted above. Your setup may have 70-80 pF of load (~220 Ohms), if you also
measured the output voltage with a 10x probe you could work backwards to
see how close you are to 50 Ohms output.

Roughly speaking it sounds like it will be in spec for amplitude, but to
definitive you will have to load it with 50 Ohms as others have suggested.
Anything can work plug your bnc cable into a 50 Ohm input instrument (even
if its ancient) and measure the output voltage on the OCXO with a 10X
probe. Or a near enough to 50 Ohm resistor as Tim suggested.