[time-nuts] Line Frequeny Stablity

Peter Reilley preilley_454 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 5 12:34:44 EDT 2017

The response time in a large plant is very slow.   Large steam plants
running at steady
state are running with their steam valves wide open.   A partially
closed valve is an energy
loss and is only used when changes occur.

The power control for a plant running at a steady load is the amount of
fuel thrown into
the boiler.   When you want more power you shoot more gas, oil, or coal
into the boiler.
For a nuke you pull the control rods.   Behind all of this is a lot of
thermal mass.   Things
don't change quickly.

Pete.