[time-nuts] TAPR Oncore M12+ kit

Jerry Hancock jerry at hanler.com
Fri Apr 28 16:41:44 EDT 2017

do they need to be inset as in the drawing or will a flat piece of aluminum work?

I have some .25 thick aluminum.  I could mill a pocket which would add to the design and then mill the holes for the components.  That would take more machine time is all.

Generally, the way I mill plates such as these is I surface a piece of scrap and then glue (using superglue) the stock down onto the scrap.  I can then machine around the edges without worrying about clamping.  With pockets though, the torque even when ramping down might break the part loose.

How many plates are needed?