[time-nuts] TAPR Oncore M12+ kit

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 12:10:39 EDT 2017

On this product people are going to want holes drilled and I think a "D"
shape hole for the DB type connector.   The holes would allow easy clamping
but in a two step operation.    If I were making these I'd first clamp the
stock over a pair of 123 blocks, mill the holes, then after I hade a batch
of these made,  hole the holes to hold the part a fixture and then mill the

But that said, I could make a pair of these by hand with hack saw, file and
drill press in about 15 minutes.

On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 1:41 PM, Jerry Hancock <jerry at hanler.com> wrote:

> Generally, the way I mill plates such as these is I surface a piece of
> scrap and then glue (using superglue) the stock down onto the scrap.  I can
> then machine around the edges without worrying about clamping.  With
> pockets though, the torque even when ramping down might break the part
> loose.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California