[time-nuts] Determining Allan Deviation From Interpolated Peak Frequency Readings

Mark Goldberg marklgoldberg at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 10:08:33 EST 2017

On Sat, Dec 16, 2017 at 3:57 AM, Attila Kinali <attila at kinali.ch> wrote:

> Apparently the Perseus is supported by GnuRadio[1]. Which means you can
> just click your control system together (similar to LabView). According
> to [2] the driver uses libusb and works on windows as well.
>
> If you want to use GnuRadio, I suggest you go to one of the many
> Hackfests[3]
> they have and let them jump-start you (I started this way years ago).

There are issues with the Perseus, Windows 10 and USB3. It is hit and miss
with various software. I am not sure it would actually work with GnuRadio
on the computer I use in my Ham Radio / Electronics lab. I do have three
computers running Linux but they are elsewhere. Simon Brown has posted some
positive messages about the cause of this being found on the Perseus Forum.
Hopefully it can be fixed. The creator of the Perseus has had to move on to
other things and can only provide limited help.

It would be a big project fro me though. I have lots of projects, but will
consider it. I do have a friend that is much more of an expert with
GnuRadio.

Thanks,

Mark
W7MLG