[time-nuts] Line Voltage - CSA

CIW308 VE6OH ssc at andor.net
Sun Jan 1 13:16:16 EST 2017

CSA have standards for over and under voltage, Typical no more that 3%
over and 5% under if memory serves me.

This might help (
The power companies here in Alberta are generally good about fixing
problems with line regulation.
There can be problems with industrial areas and big welders or motors
staring as I am sure you know.
I am sure they do not want the bill for replacing equipment that was
subjected to over voltage.

On UPSs: I am sure you are aware that may of them are not TRUE sine wave
so the DMM may not read correctly.

J. T. (Mitch)  [Amateur radio  VE6OH]  [CFARS  CIW308]
email  mitch at andor.net  Mobile Cellular 780 446 8958
Past RAC Director for Alberta, NWT, NU  HTTP://WWW.RAC.CA