[time-nuts] WWVB Simulator

M. Simon msimon6808 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 4 16:21:22 EST 2017

A PC can certainly generate a lot of frequencies. But if you want to use the audio channels at 60KHz there is a little problem. There is a brick wall filter in the audio channel set at about 25 KHz.

Now I could set up the audio to output 15 KHz I and Q and mix it (quadrature mixer) with 45 KHz X 4 (precision source)  to get 60 KHz. And then filter it to get the 60 KHz. Which requires some op amps. And filters. A precision 45 KHz source. A gray code counter (divide by 4).  And stuff.

Easier to work at DC (my "audio" signal) and mix that up to 60 KHz directly. Besides. I do like designing and building hardware.  Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.
I like Polywell Fusion.