[time-nuts] Temperature (environmental) sensors

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Thu Jan 5 14:15:34 EST 2017

Yo All!

I am surprised that the TEMPer and TEMPerHUM have not been mentioned
yet.  They are cheap reliable USB temperature sensors.  The TEMPerHUM
adds a humidity sensor.

I have several TEMPer's running to log room temp around NTP servers.

The basic TEMPer reads to 0.1°F is only $9:

http://www.pcsensor.com/usb-thermometers/gold-temper.html

I can't speak to its accuracy, but it tracks well with my OXO's frequency
shifts.

There is the double sensor TEMPER for about $19:

http://www.pcsensor.com/usb-thermometer/temper2.html

I do NOT recommend this one.  The external temp will not match the internal
temp.  When I put an IR camera on it I found the external temp sensor
self heats in free ait by several degrees F.

I have not tried the TEMPerHum.  It adds a humidity sensor and is $20:

http://www.pcsensor.com/usb-hygrometer/temperhum.html

From what I can tell, many different Chinese companies make TEMPer's so
YMMV.  But hard to go wrong for $9.

RGDS                                                 Veritas liberabit vos
GARY                                                     Quid est veritas?
gem at rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588