[time-nuts] RS-232 Pin Outs for the Acron Zeit WWVB LCD Clock

Philip Jackson TimeNuts at philipjackson.com
Sat Jul 22 15:50:04 EDT 2017

I'm wondering if something like this $10 item

http://www.nulsom.com/datasheet/NS-RS232_en.pdf

Would perform the same function as the components in the factory cable once I've figured the pinout at the clock end, which shouldn't be too hard unless someone has done that already.  Or would I need to find an similar device which inverts the incoming logic first?
TTL to RS-232 adapters seem fairly common and probably cheap for them just to source off the shelf from an OEM supplier.
I don't know if I've seen an inverting one and that would seem a more costly approach than handling the inversion on the clock board.
Philip