[time-nuts] uC ADC resolution (was: Poor man's oven)

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Jun 7 18:18:50 EDT 2017

Hi

Consider that a lot of the heat flow is through the glass wall of the
vacuum gizmo. You want to tie your heater(s) to it in order to create
an iso-thermal “wall”. Often this is done by gluing the whole assembly
together.

In addition, you probably also want a foam plug in the end
of the beast to keep from creating an even more non-uniform (= very
directional)  heat flow. Yes, the directivity issue is inherent in the design
approach. It’s not clear that you want to exaggerate it ….

Bob