[time-nuts] uC ADC resolution (was: Poor man's oven)

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 21:51:39 EDT 2017

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 3:18 PM, Bob kb8tq <kb8tq at n1k.org> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Consider that a lot of the heat flow is through the glass wall of the
> vacuum gizmo. You want to tie your heater(s) to it in order to create
> an iso-thermal “wall”. Often this is done by gluing the whole assembly
> together.

Not glass walls.  Stainless steel.  The metal wall make it uniform.

I occurred to be that you could fill the container with a liquid.
Something that has good thermal conductivity and it would be very uniform
inside.   I don't know what, transformer oil perhaps?

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California