[time-nuts] Lucent RFTG-u : DE-9 connector (sliding lock)

Gregory Beat w9gb at icloud.com
Sat Jun 10 17:32:44 EDT 2017

Jerry -

I noted that no one answered your query from April.
D-subminiature connectors were introduced by Cannon in 1952.

That "sliding lock" (or latch) method for attachment was common with AUI connections (15-pin size)  for the original Ethernet (10-Base-5) in late 1970s and 1980s.

SPEC DETAILS matter here, you require 9-pin (DE-9 style).
Pull up the Data sheet for the mfg. you select (FCT, Harting, NorComp),
to assure you purchase all necessary pieces required.

Mouser Electronics carries these parts.

Digi-Key also carries these "locking" parts
Example drawing (Harting)

good luck .... I assembled / repaired far too many of these 35 years ago.

Hello, I’ve been using regular D-subminiature shells (DE-9 size) to hold the power connector onto the REF0 and REF1 and they come loose when I mess with the units.  I’ve been looking all over today and can’t find the specific shell type that I need to use to clamp onto the D-sub connector.
The REF0 and REF1 have small round discs that probably use a shell that is more of a clamp opposed to a screw-down type.  Where can I find the proper D-sub shells?

Thanks,  Jerry

Sent from iPad Air