[time-nuts] HP5090A Off Air Standard Receiver

Ruslan Nabioullin rnabioullin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 21:52:04 EDT 2017

On 06/18/2017 04:17 PM, GandalfG8--- via time-nuts wrote:> I have a
5090B which I'm hoping to get up and running when it finally
> reaches the top of the to do list and my view is that it would be much better to
>   leave the original electronics undisturbed and to drive it with a  200 KHz
> signal divided down from a from a GPSDO or a rubidium  module, although
> having one of the latter already running at 800KHz  does leave me a bit
> biased:-)

What in the world would the point of that be!?  It appears to be a
long-obsolete product, so have you searched for more modern time code
receivers from timing instrumentation (Meinberg, Brandywine, et al.) and
surplus vendors?  It'll probably be pretty expensive, for it's probably
much less popular than WWVB and DCF77.  Have you tried the latter?  It
might be receivable from Britain, and I've seen some surplus DCF77
receivers (e.g., an old ISA card).

-Ruslan

--
Ruslan Nabioullin