[time-nuts] Need advice regarding rubidium oscillator

Bob Martin k6rtm at comcast.net
Fri Jun 23 13:00:48 EDT 2017

Roman--

You'll find a lot of information on the care and feeding of rubidiums such as the LPRO-101 on the list, and referenced websites.

A specific reference for the LPRO-101 is: http://www.ka7oei.com/10meg_rubidium1.html <http://www.ka7oei.com/10meg_rubidium1.html>
that page has links to a lot of information on rubidiums, and on the LPRO-101 -- links to this list, the KO4BB website, manuals, and more.

In general:
   Rubidium packages have a finite operating life. The ones we get from eBay are usually telecoms pulls of unknown age.
   Rubidium packages need heat sinks!
   The outputs of some rubidium packages are cleaner than others

Have fun. Let us know what works and what doesn't -- that helps the next person to trod this path avoid the simple mistakes, and instead get right to the complex ones that are more interesting.

bob k6rtm

(using a rubidium reference for my Elecraft K3S for amateur radio Field Day)