[time-nuts] time/sampling behavior of RTL-SDR

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 8 00:29:30 EST 2017

On 3/7/17 3:50 PM, bg wrote:
> Hi Jim,
> Did you look at the below article?
> http://www.rtl-sdr.com/a-multi-channel-coherent-rtl-sdr-product-for-passive-radardirection-finding-and-more/
> --     Björn
hadn't seen that one, but in my application the RTLSDRs are separated by
substantial distances, so feeding a coherent reference isn't practical.

However, the bistatic radar is fascinating.  Juha Vierinen also has a
nice bistatic ionosonde program for a USRP.

I've always wanted to build a radio camera using cast-off Ku-band DBS
dishes/LNBs, and the block of RTLs would work nicely for that.