[time-nuts] Time Dilation tinkering

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Fri Mar 24 09:35:32 EDT 2017

Around 2000 when Offshore Navigation went Bell up because of GPS, I
purchased more than 50 Cesium Standards most HP 5061A but also some FTS units.
Most HP units went in a crate to Germany, kept a few, but kept all FTS units.
I  did take one FTS on the plane from Miami to Frankfurt operating,
fascinated by  what HP had done. This was before my time nuts days and had no way
to  measure any thing, but it fit nicely in a carry on with wheels about 50
lb, 20  lb 12V 18 A batteries, 20 lb FTS 5000. No problem at security, while
waiting for  boarding had it plugged in the Admirals Club and on arrival
plugged it in to the  12 V of the rental car.
Having a life long Platinum  5 Million Mile card and First Class may  have
helped. Having twice in the last 30 years moved my lab to and from Germany
I have carried some pretty heavy and large equipment on board with no
problem ever.I still have the Samsonite suit cases that fit 19 inch  instruments.
Bert Kehren

In a message dated 3/23/2017 12:00:34 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,