[time-nuts] Administrivia: febo.com SSL certificate

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Wed May 10 09:19:03 EDT 2017

If your browser has been throwing security warnings or errors when you
try to access the web server at febo.com (for example, the list
archives), that problem should now be fixed.

I was using an SSL certificate issued by StartSSL, a company that has
sort of shot themselves in the foot due to their ownership structure and
lack of transparency.  A few months ago the major browser vendors have
stopped recognizing certs issued by StartSSL, and their browsers now
give warnings when they encounter a StartSSL cert.

There's no evidence that my certificate was vulnerable or was ever
compromised, but I've now changed over to certificates from a
widely-supported group called LetsEncrypt, and you shouldn't see any
further security warnings.

Thanks,
John