[time-nuts] Fwd: HP10811 Oscillator Thermal Fuse

Dan Rae danrae at verizon.net
Wed May 10 19:43:58 EDT 2017

As I reported the last time this subject came up, or maybe the time
before, the only time I had an open thermal fuse was in a 10811 that had
an open thermistor.  I was able to replace that and get the OCXO
working, but if the fuse had been replaced with a wire link I'm sure the
entire oven would have been toast.

There have been two types of fuse fitted, all I those have are the type
that can be fitted with the plug in axial panasonic type, less than a
dollar from Digikey.  The older ovens had a different type but I imagine
it's similarly easy to replace.

All my 10811s have the higher temperature Panasonic fuse fitted and I
sleep well at night...

Dan