[time-nuts] Machining some aluminum help!

Bob Darlington rdarlington at gmail.com
Thu May 18 13:03:47 EDT 2017

Ask them what they'd do it for without the tapping.  Normally I'd do
something like this for free but 40 tapped 4-40 holes in heavy wall
aluminum is a pain.  It would be a miracle if I didn't break the tap off at
least once.  Last time was for a resonant cavity amp (23cm band) and I had
to soak my cavity ring in nitric acid for a month to get the tap out.

At least it's not steel.

-Bob