[time-nuts] Machining some aluminum help!

Pete Lancashire pete at petelancashire.com
Thu May 18 13:18:54 EDT 2017

Price sounds reasonable to me.

Tapping 40 each 4-40's that deep in to a closed hole is the killer. If I
still had my old Bridgeport J and was NC'ed Your looking at say 1 hour to
program, 10 minutes to mount in a vice and get aligned, drill 40 each #44
or #43 holes would be easy, but then slow things down, cross fingers and
start tapping.

Doing it by hand, at 1/2 deep those holes better be close to "perfectly"
aligned.