[time-nuts] Next Aug 21 eclipse and time flow

Michael Wouters michaeljwouters at gmail.com
Mon May 29 03:49:39 EDT 2017

The effect you're looking for depends on a comparison of two different
kinds of atomic clocks eg Cs vs H-maser so the maser comparison presumably
will be a null measurement.

But I see the path of totality passes a bit north of NIST Boulder and I'm
pretty sure they will notice if there is an effect ! ( I'm highly sceptical
there is one. Searches for exotic physics over the last three decades have
consistently turned up nothing. I did it myself at the beginning of my
career with the "fifth force", a composition-dependent, short range
gravity-like force. The positive results all turned out to have very subtle
classical physics explanations)

Cheers
Michael