[time-nuts] Wenzel VHF PLO Oscillators Off Frequency

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Nov 12 14:34:48 EST 2017

Hi

It’s pretty certain that there is no PLL inside an 80 MHz low phase noise OCXO.
If it is 4 KHz off frequency at 80 MHz, that gets you into the 50 ppm range. Either
it is running on a really odd crystal spur or it’s not at the right temperature. Drifting
around by 100’s of Hz ( = ppm’s at 80 MHz) is also a good indication that the oven
is not doing it’s job correctly.

If multiple units do the same thing, either they all got busted being puled from gear
(unfortunately that’s common) or you are running it at the wrong supply voltage.

Bob