[time-nuts] Wenzel VHF PLO Oscillators Off Frequency

Mark Goldberg marklgoldberg at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 14:52:53 EST 2017

The standard oscillator, 501-14057 (
www.wenzel.com/wp-content/parts/501-14057.pdf) will lock to an external 10
MHz reference and this one is marked "80 MHz" and "15V on the label. Maybe
someone swapped the labels. I did try lowering the supply voltage. It got
to 80 MHz at about 11V and still did not lock to the reference. This
oscillator is specified at 1e-6/year aging. That is way less than it is off
now.

Mark