[time-nuts] GPS III

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Mon Nov 13 11:56:37 EST 2017

Hi,

On 11/13/2017 02:23 PM, jimlux wrote:
> On 11/12/17 10:22 PM, Magnus Danielson wrote:
>> Hi Don,
>>
>> Hardly. As long as you do GPS L1 C/A code only, chanses you get any
>> useful improvement isn't all that great. SBAS may help you some thought.
>>

> the new L1C code plus increase in radiated power might help

The L1C code is something different than L1 C/A, so it help to some degree.

Better handling of ionospheric delay than standard L1 C/A code tracking
do would do quite a bit more.

L2C and L5 would be useful. Doing the same for other GNSS too.

As for increased radiated power, we already have that. It's been a
resident capability of Block IIR, or at least later in the series, and
was turned on for a test. The impact have been somewhat better precision
but not any bad issues that I've heard of.

Cheers,
Magnus