[time-nuts] Recommendation for cheap GBIP adapter for Linux

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Nov 18 15:16:02 EST 2017

attila at kinali.ch said:
> I have a need for a GBIP adapter that I can use with Linux. It shouldn't be
> too expensive, but I rather spend a few bucks more for ease of use. Where
> "ease of use" means I don't have problems with weird drivers on Linux

I've been happy with the Prologix.  It may not be as low cost as you would

It uses one of the common USB-Serial chips, so there is no problem with
drivers on Linux.

It needs hardware flow control or long-enough pauses in the right places.
That was the only problem I had getting started.

These are my opinions.  I hate spam.