[time-nuts] inexpensive, black box, GPS or NTP based TTL time capture?

W7SLS w7sls.scott at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 20:39:39 EDT 2017

Hello,

Might be my first post.  Thanks for the group wisdom.

I did not see any pricing on the web page for http://www.spectruminstruments.net/TM4.pdf <http://www.spectruminstruments.net/TM4.pdf>, and the site seems to be (c) 2007 (a decade ago).

Before I contact that vendor, I’m curious about:

	- any ballpark ideas on cost?
	- any reason to prefer that over, say, a Jackson Labs Fury, or?

My current setup is an eBay $130 GPSDO into an repurposed video distribution amplifier, to feed HP and Tek signal generators, frequency counters, etc.  I might be doing something wrong, but Lady Heather reports 63,000 (not a typo) ppb accuracy.   Not awful, but nowhere near the numbers discussed on this forum. hence my interest in something else.

Thanks for considering,

Scott W7SLS