[time-nuts] HP 5065A super

Dana Whitlow k8yumdoober at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 22:27:02 EST 2018

Keep in mind that soldermask will also change the field distributions
around a
microstrip line, and will somewhat mitigate the microstrip's dispersive
behavior
as well.

I once worked with some miccrostrip couplers at around 2-4 GHz and found
that
directivity was significantly improved by adding two layers of thin kapton
tape
on top of the coupled region, a solution that went into production.  I
expect that
the usual soldermask layer would have about the same effect.

Dana