[time-nuts] Frequency deviations in Europe affect clocks

d.schuecker at avm.de d.schuecker at avm.de
Thu Mar 8 09:50:42 EST 2018

Hi,

from new years eve until today 00:00 the European Electricity Grid entsoe
lost 16891 sinewaves, nearly 338 seconds. Enclosed you find the sketch of
the development. From March 2 they are going to catch up again, it seems.

I do a record of the grid frequency. My timebase is a TCXO, 0.4ppm off. I
get a frequency value for any single sinewave, precision is 1.4*10^-4 Hz.

Cheers
Detlef Schücker
DD4WV

(See attached file: lostseconds.pdf)