[time-nuts] Recommendations for Mains Power Monitor / Logger

Patrick Murphy fgdhrtey at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 17:53:57 EST 2018

All this talk of varying mains power frequency aberrations has me
curious what is happening in my own back yard here in Tulsa in the
USA. Can some recommend a reasonable "introductory level" solution for
this? (As a fledgling Time-Nut, those two words were hard to say.😀)
At the least I would like to watch voltage and frequency, with a
configurable monitoring and logging interval. I can provide precise
timing as needed for synchronization and time-stamping. Expanded
ability to also monitor amperage, various power factors, etc is a plus
but not required at this point.

I've done some Googling and have found any number of designs. What I
can't tell is how well they work. I am pretty handy with my hands and
do not at all mind a DIY solution.

So what do the Oracles say?

Thanks!

-Pat