[time-nuts] Recommendations for Mains Power Monitor / Logger

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Mar 10 18:51:43 EST 2018

I know of two ways to monitor frequency.  One is to use one of tvb's PICs.
That needs a good frequency reference, probably a GPSDO.

The other is to use the PPS input on a Linux box.  That uses the system clock
so you meed a good NTP setup.

Some of the APS family of UPS boxes will monitor the voltage.  You can ask
what was the min/max since the last time I asked?  (as well as what is the
current voltage)  That's good enough to catch glitches.

If you want to measure current, I'd start with a current transformer.  I
don't know of anybody using them for long term measurements.  I've used them
with a scope to look at startup transients.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.