[time-nuts] Racal 9475 Rubidium

Dan Rae danrae at verizon.net
Thu May 3 14:10:16 EDT 2018

On 5/3/2018 9:55 AM, Bob kb8tq wrote:
> Hi
>
> You *really* need to keep the baseplate of the FRK series devices down. Their reliability drops quite a bit
> as you go from 40 to 50 to 60 C on the baseplate. I would avoid boosting the input voltage without a very
> good heatsink ( or heatsink + fan ) setup.

I just measured mine after about two hours of warm up, the case sides
(which also are a sort of sink) measure around 33C, and the rear heat
sink around 34C in a fairly chilly (17C :^) ) southern California room.
I don't think it's ever going to cook the FRK which has been working
when needed, as I just discovered, since 2001.

Dan