[time-nuts] nuts about position (cheap receiver)

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Fri May 4 12:08:53 EDT 2018

You could add doppler to the RINEX file.   All the receivers with raw messages seem to output that.

I am playing with the Furuno GT87 output.  It does not output carrier phase data (only pseudorange / doppler / SNR).   CSRS-PPP can still process that.   On the first run  (3 hours of data, after a 20 minute self-survey ) it did reject 81% of the epochs.  Sigmas were 3/2/5 meters.   The GT87 outputs altitude as MSL, not WGS84.

I just submitted a new 14 hour run (with the receiver doing a self-survey... not in position hold mode).