[time-nuts] ✘NEO-M8N vs. NEO-M8T

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon May 21 15:56:25 EDT 2018

Hi

Backing up a bit ….

If this is all about a system that can quantize to 52 ns at best … your ADEV
plot shows everything *well* below that at all offsets you display. If you assume
a +/- 1 LSB sort of quantization, you are out to 104 ns. That’s 10X anything on
the plot. You would very much need to dig into just how the i/o structure on the
device actually handles asynchronous inputs to be sure of what it really is doing.
There are a lot of “debounce / re-synch” sort of structures that get pasted into
devices these days.

Bob