[volt-nuts] Affordable batteries for Fluke 732A DC ReferenceStandard?

Roy Phillips phill.r1 at btinternet.com
Tue Aug 11 10:36:12 UTC 2009

Hello Greg
I am sure that you can find a suitable replacement "sealed lead acid"
battery from a number of sources for considerably less than your quoted
amount. Due to the content, most of these are made in China or other Far
Eastern Country - regardless of the "name" of the manufacturer. I have two
Fluke 731B's, and these use Ni-Cad batteries. As we can see, these were
"dropped" as a back-up" power source, due to the corrosive damage they
caused to the PCB.
Regardless, I still get a very good performance from these "ancient" DC
standards. Incidentally, if anyone finds it hard to obtain information from
the Fluke US and European websites, try Fluke in  Australia - much more
generous in manuals for older items.
Roy