[volt-nuts] Affordable batteries for Fluke 732A DC ReferenceStandard?

Dave M masondg44 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 11 14:04:29 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Burnett" <gbusg at comcast.net>
To: "Discussion of precise voltage measurement" <volt-nuts at febo.com>
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2009 11:29 PM
Subject: [volt-nuts] Affordable batteries for Fluke 732A DC
ReferenceStandard?

> Re: Fluke p/n 739961 6V 4.5AH lead-acid batteries for Fluke 732A DC
> Reference Standard
>
> Does anyone know of an affordable substitute for these batteries? Fluke's
> web site doesn't even recognize their own part number for these batteries,
> but Newark lists them at $67.49 each. The unit uses qty 4, so at Newark's
> price a set of four would cost $269.96!
>
> According to Newark their physical size is 70x45x107mm.
>
> The old set that were in my 732A are marked, "PT56 6V 5AH Made in China".
> So
> someone installed these as substitutes. I searched the internet for "PT56"
> but didn't see anything linking that number to a standard or generic
> battery.
>
> Thanks,
> Greg

Greg,
These are plain 6-volt sealed lead-acid (SLA) batteries, with an obvious 5AH
rating.  Just get on the web and find 6V/5AH SLA batteries with the same
dimensions and terminals, and you're all set.
Some battery vendors are:
http://www.batterywholesale.com/
http://www.batterystation.com/gelcell.htm
http://www.nicdladyonline.com/shop/?shop=1&cat=17
http://www.arizonabattery.com

Google for SLA Batteries

Dave M
masondg44 at comcast dot net

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the
self-help section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the
purpose.