No subject

Sat Dec 19 16:55:59 UTC 2009

make sure you don't get problems from copper oxide build up which has a very
high thermal emf against copper.
I think you're likely to puncture any thin oxide layer when making a
connection, so I'm not sure this is really a problem in practice. An
application of something like Deoxit would hopefully solve it anyway.
With gold plating I presume the temperatures either side of the plating at
the point of contact will so similar that very little emf will be generated
independent of what plating material is used.
Tables of thermal emf vs. copper  show brass produces quite a low voltage.
I've never seen the figure for tellurium copper quoted.

Alan