[volt-nuts] Which meter?

The-al-bundy@home.nl the-al-bundy at home.nl
Sat Nov 14 20:56:45 UTC 2009

Hi Greg,

Well I've made a design with the LTZ1000A and must test it's stability. The
best DVM we have is the 34401, but with the 6.5dig you don't get far with a
LTZ1000 as DUT. So we need something better. As far as I've seen the only
options are the 8508A and the 3458A.

The 8508A is relativly new (2002 I thought), so one would expect better
specifications than the 3485A and more options like other connectivity than
GPIB.
However the 3458A is already around there for >20years and it seems to be
one of the best DVM. The 100k sample rate is a feature which could be handy
in the future.

Money is not so much an issue, just we have to make a good investment for
the next 5+ years or so.
Of course we expect to use the DVM more often for ultra stabile
circuits/sources (in currents as wel as volts).

Thanks,
Bram