[volt-nuts] HP 3458A CMOS RAM

Robert Atkinson robert8rpi at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 26 18:41:05 UTC 2010

Hi,
I also don't have a 3458A, but I do have experience with early battery backed up CMOS RAM. FRAM is an option. Can someone tell me the part number of the CMOS units currently used and I'll do a comparison. An other option that I've used before is external (to the module) back-up. Add a schoktty diode in series with the Vdd and use an external lithium (with an other diode) or rechargeable too keep the module powered. Or you can carry out surgery on the module and replace the cell. This problem is also common on video games and Sun SparcStations. See http://www.jmargolin.com/rdy2k/hdzram.htm and http://cmheong.tripod.com/work/mk48t02.html

Robert G8RPI