[volt-nuts] do you like Labview in your labs?

Charles P. Steinmetz charles_steinmetz at lavabit.com
Tue Dec 7 02:45:57 UTC 2010

John wrote:

>10 year old Office stuff still works fine and has far more features
>than I'll ever need.

True enough, I much prefer older versions of the Office apps.  That
was true even before the hateful "ribbon" interface.  BUT.  The
current versions of the Office apps won't open old files anymore, so
if you send what you create to someone with the current version,
you're SOL.  I have thousands of old Word files that I can't open,
except in a text editor.  I have an old version of Word, but MS
doesn't seem to allow one to have both versions installed.

(If someone knows of a good solution to this, I'm all ears.  And no,
the Open Office word mangler won't open them, either.)

Best regards,

Charles