[volt-nuts] Valhalla 2703 AC calibrator

gbusg gbusg at comcast.net
Fri Apr 1 04:35:56 UTC 2011

That's great agreement between 2703 and 3458A's.

0.005% at what voltages and frequencies? (Of course 3458A ACSYNC specs are
worse than 0.005% at mid-band audio, although better than the 2701B's
specs.) You're setting your 3458A's to ACSYNC mode, right? ...and running
ACAL ALL first?

Thanks for the hint about the online manual at the Valhalla site. I
downloaded it.

Like you, I too have a 2701B DC standard. Like you say, it's not the most
stable thing around. You can spend a lot of time adjusting and re-adjusting
it to "perfect" it, but it has some pretty obvious temperature coefficient
effects, and long-term drift.

Thanks for the reports.

Greg